Keegan Brooksby returns to South Adelaide
South Adelaide is excited to announce that Keegan Brooksby will make a return to Hickinbotham Oval in 2018.
The 2014 Knuckey Cup winner makes his way back to Noarlunga after spending the previous three seasons with the Gold Coast Suns in the AFL, playing 14 games at the highest level.
After making the switch from basketball to football, Brooksby quickly climbed the ranks in the Panthers junior program, claiming the 2009 Centre of Excellence U18 Best & Fairest.
His rapid improvement continued at senior level, winning the League Most Improved Award on two occasions (2011 and 2013) before firmly establishing himself as the premier ruckman in the competition in 2014.
Under the tutelage of Brad Gotch, Brooksby enjoyed his best season at SANFL level, earning selection in the SANFL State Team and Advertiser Team of the Year, before being honoured as the Panthers Best & Fairest at the Knuckey Cup.
Keegan also continues the tradition of the Brooksby name at South Adelaide, with his father Phil and uncle Graham playing 278 and 125 games respectively for South Adelaide in the 1970s and 80s.
The club is ecstatic to have Keegan back in blue and white and look forward to him playing a key role within the senior playing group moving forward.
- South Adelaide - 72 games (2010 - 2014)
- Gold Coast Suns - 14 games (2015 - 2017)
- U18 Best & Fairest - 2009
- U18 Leading Goal Kicker - 2009
- League Most Improved - 2011 & 2013
- SANFL State Team - 2014
- The Advertiser Team of the Year - 2014
- Knuckey Cup winner - 2014
- Drafted by Gold Coast Suns (2015 & 2017 rookie draft)
- Gold Coast Suns NEAFL Player of the Year - 2016
|Tags: SANFL Senior Football Panthers Football Panthers News|